About The Plough Inn
The Plough Inn was built during the reigh of George the 1st (1714-1727) in the year 1725. When first built, the property was a farm dwelling, the earlist recorded occupant was Cedric Beerling, who is mentioned in the sale document of 1745.
In 1811 the property was purchased and turned into a beer retailer and grocer of the staple parish, that year a licence was granted to sell ales and cider only by the justices at Dover. In 1814 the property was registered as an ale house and pastering house, since then the Plough Inn has sold ales. In 1824 the property was registered as the Plough Inn. And still is to this present day.
The Plough is situated in the country three miles from Deal and six miles from the Port of Dover.